Gateway Canyons Air Tours offers the unique and unforgettable experience of flying over some of the most spectacular scenery in the world! Our guests not only see the scenic beauty from under the beautiful blue skies of Colorado, but they learn about the fascinating lore and legends of western Colorado and eastern Utah.
Tour operations are based out of:
- Grand Junction, Colorado for scenic tours around the Grand Valley
- The mountain resort towns (Aspen, Telluride, and Vail, Colorado) for astonishing scenic flights in and around the mountains
- Moab, Utah - A luxury ground tour of Arches National Park from Canyonlands airport
For more information and prices, please contact the resort at 970-931-2458.
Our Cessna Caravan
Our Cessna Caravan is a 675 horsepower turbo-prop engine, designed to give it the ability to fly in-and-out of short runways and to gain altitude quickly - perfect for the canyonlands and mountainous terrain we fly! The interior has all-leather seats with burl wood cabinetry and silk headliners. Passengers are treated to state-of-the art, noise-cancelling Bose headsets for ease of conversation in the cabin and with the pilot.
Our Eurocopter AStar B3’s exceptional visibility, range and power (847 horsepower engine), combined with a quiet cabin make it ideal for scenic tours. This helicopter has been appointed with leather seats, and a luxurious interior. Bose noise-cancelling headsets are used, as mentioned above.
Our pilots are delightful with guests - ready to answer questions and provide aircraft positioning for spectacular photos!
Chief Operating Officer
Retired Lt. Col. after serving 24 years in the U.S. Marines, has over 3,000 hours flying time including 2,400 hours in the AV-8B Harrier. Served in Bosnia in 1995 and Iraq from 2003 -2008. His last assignment before retiring was the Commanding Officer of Marine Attack Squadron 542.
Director of Operations and Chief Pilot
Michael has flown thousands of tours through the world-famous Grand Canyon over the past 5 years. Michael flies our AStar helicopter.
What geographic areas and land formations do you see from the air?
The land formations of western Colorado and eastern Utah offer geological diversity in a very concentrated area with spectacular red rock canyons, monoliths and mesas, snowcapped mountains, lakes and rivers. We fly at a lower altitude than commercial airlines, so we are able to provide our guests with a more intimate and memorable view of the spectacular terrain.
How long are typical air tours?
Tours of any length can be arranged, but the most popular are the 30 minute tours. We can do as little as 15 minutes or as long as 2 hours, or any custom tour.
How many people on board? What is capacity?
It varies – anything from you and your camera to a full group of family and friends.
- Our Cessna Caravan has a seating capacity of 8, so we can take as many as 7 guests on a single flight.
- We can accommodate as many as 5 passengers, but prefer to target 4 and fly with 2 pilots.
What makes Gateway Canyons Air Tours special?
- The professionalism and efficiency of our crew and operation - our briefing before each flight gives our guests great comfort and insight into the adventure they're about to experience.
- The absolute thrill of flying over breathtaking scenery in the luxury and comfort of our various aircraft. We offer an intimate look at the desert splendor and mountain majesty - unique from any other flight experience you have likely ever had.
- Our guests find themselves immersed in the regional narrative about the areas we tour. With views of the spectacular Western Colorado and Eastern Utah landscapes, as well as the in-depth, perspectives that go with them, guests can experience what many people say is a 'must do' for their 'bucket list.'
Gateway Canyons Air Tours is a custom scenic flight company. If you and your friends want to go to Aspen, Moab, Gateway, Telluride or Vail for lunch, shopping or golf for the day, we can provide you that luxury for a very affordable price. Tours have a minimum time of ½ hour.
Questions & Reservations
For more details,
visit Gateway Canyons Air Tours >
To book a tour or have any questions answered, please call us at: